The Honorable Jennifer Wexton
1217 Longworth House Office Building
House of Representatives
Washington D.C. 20515
Dear Representative Jennifer Wexton:
As a constituent, I urge you to support Carbon Free Nuclear Energy. As part of that support, I also urge you to join with other congressional colleagues in introducing and passing legislation to establish Virginia as the first consent state to accept Spent Nuclear Fuel (SNF) in the United States. This bold and unique step will solidify Virginia as a national and world leader in the nuclear energy industry!
This move will be very advantageous to Virginia:
1. Increased low cost Carbon free and recycled energy.
2. Initial influx of $5 billion per year in direct economic benefits, growing to a potential $50 billion per year energy based business.
3. Increase of at least 15,000 high technology jobs.
4. Increased higher education fields in nuclear training.
5. Increased tax base to support secondary and middle school education.
Nuclear energy is an important component to future migration of energy production to a carbon-free posture. I am concerned that Virginia may lose this once-in-a-generation opportunity if action is not taken soon.
Since we are already invested in the nuclear business, I endorse the addition of the potential business case for recycling of spent nuclear fuel. Since it appears that future transportation will be mostly electricity-driven and that clean air is of paramount interest to everyone I know, can Virginia justify passing up this high-tech and high-paying job enhancer?
Please support this initiative with our State Legislature and work to encourage its passage in Congress.